Fleetwood Bounder Classic adds Diesel Chassis Option
November 29, 2011Facebook LinkedIn Google+ Twitter Share More... Decatur, Ind. – (November 29, 2011) – Fleetwood RV, Inc., a leading producer of Class A and Class C recreational vehicles, announced an exciting upgrade for the 2012 Bounder Classic during the National RV Trade Show this week in Louisville, Kentucky.
New for 2012 is the option of a new diesel chassis -- a cooperative effort between Fleetwood RV and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation. The new, front engine diesel adds increased power and contributes to better fuel efficiency. It features a Cummins® ISB 6.7L Engine, full air suspension and air brakes.
“One of the most exciting features of the new Bounder Classic Diesel is that it has air brakes and air-ride,” said John Draheim, President and CEO of Fleetwood RV, Inc. “It offers a premium ride and drive, which is something our customers have been asking for.”
The diesel chassis on the Bounder Classic even eliminates the “dog-house”, which refers to the hump between the driver and passenger seats. The flat floor in the cockpit allows both the driver and the passenger to have improved access to the cockpit area. It also created additional legroom when the chairs are swiveled to be a part of the living area.
Consumer research in this product category has shown potential buyers have concerns about increased noise and heat in front-engine diesel applications – these have been quelled in the new diesel Bounder. The coach features a newly engineered cockpit sub-floor and engine compartment with premium thermo acoustic liners and insulation. The result is a driver’s cabin that is quieter and has less noise intrusion than comparable gas powered coaches at cruising-speeds.
“Once again, Fleetwood RV and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation have teamed up to provide our family of customers a product platform and features they’ve been asking for at a price they can afford,” said John Draheim, President and CEO of Fleetwood RV, Inc.
For more information on all Fleetwood RV products, call 1-800-322-8216 or visit www.fleetwoodrv.com.
About Fleetwood RV, Inc.
Fleetwood RV, Inc. (“Fleetwood RV” or the “Company”) is a leading manufacturer of Class A and Class C recreational vehicles. The Company has one of the best and longest standing distribution networks in the industry and boasts some of the industry’s most recognized and iconic brand names such as American Coach and Bounder. Fleetwood RV is headquartered in Decatur, Ind., which is also its principal manufacturing location.
RECENT NEWS RELEASES
- Annual Fleetwood Rally To Showcase 2017 Product
- REV Puts Finishing Touches On Southern Regional Center While Securing Fourth Location In Mesquite, NEV.
- REV Recreation Group Expands Manufacturing Facilities, Adds Designated Class C Plant
- REV Recreation Group Signs First Platinum Dealer Partner
- Fleetwood RV Highlights 2015 Louisville Display
- Allied Specialty Vehicles Selects ʺREVʺ as New Company Name
- Allied Specialty Vehicles Promotes Joyce Arnold to Corporate Aftermarket Key Account Manager
- Allied Recreation Group Announces Groundbreaking Renovation to State-of-the-Art Factory Service Center
- Excitement Surrounds Iconic Fleetwood Pace Arrow, Elkhart Open House Debut
- Fleetwood RV to Unveil New Product at Elkhart Open House